Darya Pino Rose.
The media, food manufacturers, and various self-appointed gurus seem to overstate the potential health benefits of certain foods. Why? Probably because it makes for a better story and helps sell more products. Because of this constant barrage of ‘facts,’ we end up following many fad diets and glorifying certain foods over others.
Below are the author’s ten picks for the most overrated health foods. In the book she provides why these make her top-ten list.
Top 10 Most Overrated Health Foods
3. Egg Whites
6. Fake Meat
7. Protein Bars
8. Whole-Grain Flour
9. Low-Fat Salad Dressing
10. Fruit Juice
I must run in the wrong crowds, I never hear talk of the health benefits of fake meats but I do hear the praises of so-called whole-grains. What foods make your top-ten list?
Update: Just found this post on Darya Rose’s blog, Summer Tomato, detailing the Top-Ten.
My Social Media Links: Facebook; Google+; Twitter;
Article Series - Foodist
- Foodist: Using Real Food and Real Science to Lose Weight Without Dieting – Darya Pino Rose
- Excellence as a Habit
- Does Diet = Deprivation?
- Does Loosing Weight Mean Starvation, Torture, and Sacrifice?
- Diet is a four-letter word
- Extreme Diet & Exercise are not Weight Loss Solution
- Top 10 Most Overrated Health Foods
- Wine Paring: Sardines & Dry White Wine
- Splurge for Amazing not Mediocre
- Sugar – Not Just for Dessert Anymore
- Industrial Indulgences or Decadent Treats
- Don’t Postpone Good Behavior – Get Started Today
- Foodist: How to Find Real Food at the Supermarket
- Starving Children, Moms, & Gluttony