I just added a task to my Windows 7 task scheduler and it didn’t seem to be running. In trying to diagnose the problem, I found the tab that is labeled “History” but it says “History (disabled)” and no history is displayed. I looked and looked but found no way to enable the history for the scheduled task.
I did some research and finally found the answer. It is a bit convoluted so I thought I would write it up so next time I would remember what to do.
Enabling Task Scheduler History
- Open Task Scheduler as Administrator
- Click the Windows Start Button
- Type task scheduler in the search box
- Right Click and select Run as Administrator
- Select Task Scheduler (local) in the left pane (Console Tree)
- Click Enable All Tasks History in the right pane (Actions)
This is an all or nothing selection. Windows 7 does not let you turn the history on just for some tasks and not others.
My Social Media Links: Facebook; Google+; Twitter; Pinterest;