Race Photos: photos.garypaulson.net/2014-nxn-community
Nike Cross Nationals is the culmination of the 8 Nike Cross National Regional qualifying meets held around the country. The course makes 2 1/2 loops within the infield of the horse track at Portland Meadows in Portland, Oregon. Obstacles on the course include the whoopty-doos, a series of 4 foot berms, the hay bales, and the ever present mud which, some years, can be ankle deep. Spectators have great access to view the race from the infield of the course or can avoid the weather from inside Portland Meadows’ enclosed 3,000-seat grandstand. Video cameras are staged along the course and one camera follows the runners around the complete course. The video can be watched on the jumbo screens both inside and outside as well as the live webcast on nikecrossnationals.com.
Based on the results of the Regional Qualifying meets, 22 seven-person clubs and an additional 45 individuals are invited to both the Boys and the Girls Championship Races and to a fantastic weekend. In addition, individual runners and teams who don’t qualify for the championship race can sign up to run the same course in the Open Race.
- NXN Open Race
- NXN Boy’s Championship Race
- NXN Girl’s Championship Race
- NXN Odds & Ends
- Event: Nike Cross Nationals – Northwest Regionals
- Race: Elite Girls’ Teams by Invitation
- Date: November 12, 2011
- Location: Eagle Island State Park, Boise, Idaho
- Event Info: The NXN Northwest regional qualifies four teams and 10 individuals to the 8th Nike Cross Nationals in Portland, Oregon. December 3.